[EM] "Runoff Without Elimination," Condorcet efficiency

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Fri Sep 12 13:16:18 PDT 2003

I like the idea of helping voters (by some good rule automatically
applied) choose a good final approval cutoff.

The method described below is an example of this.

As long as the method allows equal rankings at the top and bottom the
voters can over-ride the good intentioned help in the cases where they are
sure of which candidates they want to approve and disapprove.