[EM] Web interfaces and Condorcet scores

stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 28 06:16:31 PST 2003

IMHO, if you want to assign a single value to
every candidate to represent their "score" at the end
of a Condorcet ranking, you have to be able to construct
a bijection between voters and final scores.

We already discussed this issue when arguing about
the power of approval votes and its fairness.
I said that approval is fair between voters in the sense it
gives them an equal opportunity but not fair between candidates
because it favours barely acceptable candidates over well-positioned. I know others on this list disagree.

However, the principle of "one voter, one equal total weigth"
in the result is mandatory to me. The residual approval weight
procedure fits that principle. The following example seems to
count several time some voters opinions to produce one score...

Steph