[EM] Alex wrote: "Less information good..."

Donald Davison donald at mich.com
Fri Oct 3 01:14:02 PDT 2003

Greetings Alex and List,

Alex, you wrote: "Less information good!  More information bad:  OK..."

Donald:  You are correct Alex, if the information you are talking about is
the lower choices, for this so called "information" is suspect, even
garbage.

There are people, some on this list, who have this mindset that the lower
choices contain a high level of super intelligence.  I say: No So!

They take this silly position that all we need to do to gain the benefit of
this super intelligence is to design a method that is a union of all the
lower choices and super duper mathematics, and we will have this super
intelligence reflected in the winner (who just happens to be their turkey
candidate).

Again I say;  Not So!!

These people have every right to feel that their candidates are better than
the other candidates and they should be able to vote their candidates as
their first choices and then chose a lessor of evils, but if their
candidate does not get enough votes, he loses, simple as that, no matter
how good a candidate he is.

If a majority does not regard your candidate as a beauty, just remember,
`Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.'  Nader is not the beauty of the
majority of the people, so you have no right to advocate election methods
that will fool this majority into electing your Nader, your turkey.

Donald,