[EM] Intro to list (etc)

Paul Kislanko jpkislanko at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 1 11:39:03 PST 2003

I thought of another complication when it comes to trying to display
intermediate results. It the method is Condorcet, there is in general no way
to order the results until all votes are counted - even a ballot with the
weakest candidate ranked first could contribute the margins required to
calculate a Ranked Pairs or Beatpath winner. For the ezboard application, I
would strongly consider just listing the number of first place votes in the
intermediate results. If there turns out to be a majority winner, nobody
will likely ask how the final ranking was determined. When the voting is
closed, the final results could be displayed as shown in Rob Lamphier's
examples below.