[EM] 'Strategies'

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Thu May 1 18:51:15 PDT 2003

Forest,

I didn't understand this.  Allow me to ask questions:

 --- Forest Simmons <fsimmons at pcc.edu> a écrit : >
> What if we changed this last step as follows?
>
> Elect THE CANDIDATE that is above the average rating (or ranking, if
> ratings are not available) of the "finalists" on the greatest number of
> ballots.

Is "the candidate" one of the pair members?  If so, are you saying the
winner should be picked from the tie based on a Borda-type score?

> In other words, consider the "PAIR" with greatest approval in the first
> part as a pair of provisional finalists, and then in part two treat them
> like equally ranked frontrunners in an approval election.

I don't understand the circumstances resulting in the replacement of
a provisional finalist.  Also, what do you mean by "treat them like
equally ranked frontrunners in an approval election"?

Thanks

Kevin Venzke
stepjak at yahoo.fr