[EM] Another PR method based on ranked ballots

stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Tue Mar 25 08:32:01 PST 2003

Alex

it allows two-step to stop a good law too...
Except if you think that statu quo is better than
any new law, your argument seems falacious
One "intelligent and fair" chamber should be able
to pass only good laws without any strategical
additional component. The goal of a chamber is to
identify and respond to new problems by adapted new
laws. Not to maintain statu quo when some minority
(geographical or other) wants to preserve its advantage
at the expense of the new needs for the majority.
At least it is my vision of thing...

Steph