[EM] Strategy-free Condorcet resolution methods

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Thu Mar 20 14:07:03 PST 2003

Is there some non-deterministic resolution of Condorcet that would
completely discourage insincere ranking?

Neither random ballot nor random candidate does the job, but how about
some probabilities based on how close a candidate is to being a CW, or
something like that?

If we found a non-deterministic resolution that worked well, then we could
simulate it with deterministic chaos, so that the results would be
repeatable (i.e. checkable).

Forest