IMC, I2C and LIIA criteria (was Re: [EM] Markus: RP & BeatpathWinner/CSSD)

Norman Petry npetry at accesscomm.ca
Fri Mar 14 15:55:02 PST 2003

On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 03:31, Markus Schulze wrote:

> For example, when there are 15 candidates then the Smith//MinMax winner
> and the winner of the beat path method are identical in 91.7% while the
> Smith//MinMax winner and the Ranked Pairs winner are identical in only
> 41.8% of all situations:

To clarify: when there are 15 candidates IN THE SMITH SET then the
Smith//MinMax winner and the winner of the beat path method are
identical in 91.7%...

Steve, Rob, & Markus -- please carefully re-read the post Markus refers
to above, and reconsider whether your recent criticisms of my posted
results are fair.  In short, you are comparing apples & oranges -- you
should be able to understand why your own results show much smaller
differences between these methods without resorting to baseless claims
about how my algorithms or data must be 'flawed'.

--
Norm Petry