[EM] Electorama discussion board

Rob Lanphier robla at robla.net
Mon Mar 10 00:13:02 PST 2003

Hi everyone,

I've just rolled out a new discussion board on Electorama.com, which
allows for posting of stories and discussion of those stories (similar
to Slashdot, Kuro5hin, and other weblog type sites).  The idea behind
this site is to complement the election-methods list by providing a
lower-commitment way of engaging this community.  New users on
election-methods are often intimidated (or maybe just annoyed) by the
sheer volume of messages on this list.  Others may not mind the volume,
but find that the jargon and highly technical explanations fly right
over their head.  The idea with Electorama is to provide some of the
same information that you might find on election-methods, but in a more
organized, more filtered, easier to browse manner.

I've posted the posting guidelines on the site, and I plan to start
feeding stories to the site in coming days.  Feel free to sign up for an
account and submit story ideas, or comment on my initial posting, or
provide suggestions.

http://electorama.com/

Rob