[EM] Re: PR not representing median voter, and a system using best of PR and sin

Rob Speer rspeer at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 23 20:50:02 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 05:49:56PM -0400, Dgamble997 at aol.com wrote:
> How on Earth do you propose to select those voters worthy to exercise this
> privileged right of veto over the majority ?
>
> This has got to be the worst idea I've seen posted on this list.
>
> THIS IS NOT DEMOCRACY.

It seems his idea was to elect the position with veto power by
Condorcet. So it's the majority voting for that position, not "selected
voters".

In the USA, we already have a President with veto power, elected by a
single-member method that represents fewer people than Condorcet does.
Is this "NOT DEMOCRACY"?

--
Rob Speer