[EM] Re: alternate proportional method

Stephane Rouillon stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Thu Jul 17 14:38:20 PDT 2003

Sorry, my english is somewhat limited.

I suppose I do not make any difference between the terms used in
England, US, Australia or Canada or elsewhere...

At least for me, a riding is like an electoral county, an electoral
district, a thirding,
a circumscription or whatever name you would use to identify a local
used to elect a single-member of an assembly of representatives.

For multiple-members, some use the terms super-districts or regions.

The main point is that "circumscription" comes from latin and by
it means a connex geographical region. SPPA does not use geographical
definitions of an electoral district so I used the term "riding". Pick
the one you like.

Sorry for the mess,
Stephane Rouillon

Kislanko at aol.com a écrit :

> In a message dated 7/17/03 3:47:41 PM Central Daylight Time,
> stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca writes:
>> To simplify, we already use sampling in every elections with
>> ridings.
> This didn't simplify, it obscured and obfuscated. What's a "riding"?
> Paul Kislanko
> http://www.kislanko.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.electorama.com/pipermail/election-methods-electorama.com/attachments/20030717/16a58583/attachment-0003.htm>

More information about the Election-Methods mailing list