[EM] (no subject)

Bart Ingles bartman at netgate.net
Sun Jul 13 21:32:03 PDT 2003

I think there have been several incarnations of Arrow's theorum.  The
original 1951 version used monotonicity, IIAC, non-imposition, and
non-dictatorship.  I think Alex is describing the 1963 version.  Both
are described in the 2nd edition of Arrow's "Social Choice and
Individual Values".  It's still in print, I found it on amazon.com.

Bart