[EM] Proportional Representation beyond STV?

Adam Tarr atarr at purdue.edu
Mon Jul 7 12:46:03 PDT 2003

Good question Rob.  There have been several attempts on this list to extend
Condorcet to multi-winner, but none have been really satisfying.

On the other hand, Forest Simmons has found an excellent way to extend
approval voting to multi-winner.  Proportional approval voting (PAV) is, in
my opinion, better than STV, and not just because it reduces to approval
voting in the single-winner case.

Here's the initial thread about it:

and here's some commentary I had before:

-Adam