[EM] Cloneproof Schwartz Sequential Dropping = ?

James Green-Armytage jarmyta at antioch-college.edu
Thu Jul 17 08:27:39 PDT 2003

Dear election methods fans,

	Does anybody know the difference between Cloneproof Schwartz Sequential
Dropping and regular Schwartz Sequential Dropping? Also, I would really
appreciate if someone could show me an example or two where they give
different results.

	I've been trying to figure this out for quite a while, but the
information about it on Mike Ossipoff's electionmethods.org web site is
fairly cryptic, and that's the only place I've heard of it so far.
	I understand that CSSD gives the same results as beatpath. I think that I
understand how beatpath works, but it would be nice to know what
modifications to SSD are necessary to get the same results as beatpath.
	I guess that Schwartz Sequential Dropping could also be known by other
names, such as Schwartz - Successive Reversal Condorcet, or Schwartz -
Simpson. I don't know if there are any other names for CSSD.

Thank you very much,
	James Green-Armytage