[EM] 1-Person-1-Vote has been abandoned.

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Wed Jan 15 10:03:46 PST 2003

I cannot do better, but here is a consideration:

Suppose each voter is to mark one candidate and write down one number in
the space provided on the ballot, and that the winner of the election is
the candidate marked on the ballot that has the largest number in the
space provided.

Does this method pass the spirit of one 1p1v?

Note that the "maximum impact" is to completely determine the winner, and
that if a voter knows the votes of all the other voters, she can effect
the maximum impact by using the max of the other numbers plus one.

Forest

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Adam Tarr wrote in part:

<snip>

> **There is a maximum impact (called "one vote") that a single voter can
> have on the final result of an election.  If a voter knows the votes of
> every other voter, the voter can always vote in such a way as to have this
> maximum impact.**

<snip>

----