[EM] Saari's Basic Argument

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Thu Feb 20 17:08:59 PST 2003

One note:

Below I state that these symmetries preserve the Borda count.  That's
because I use the numbers 1,0, and -1 for the three rank positions, so
that the symmetrical distributions all give a Borda count of zero to all
three candidates.

So when you add or subtract symmetrical sets of ballots, you don't
change this version of the Borda count.

----