[EM] Defensive truncation in wv Condorcet

Kevin Venzke stepjak at yahoo.fr
Tue Dec 30 13:20:01 PST 2003

Mike,

My remarks were about MinMax (Pairwise Opposition), which elects the
candidate who minimizes the maximum votes against him in any pairwise
contest (be it victory or defeat).

Admittedly I don't know much about offensive strategy for this method.
Burial seems potentially effective.  But truncation doesn't appear to
be a useful strategy of any kind in "MMPO."

Kevin Venzke
stepjak at yahoo.fr