[EM] Fwd: [E-voting] STV and e-voting incompatible

David GLAUDE dglaude at gmx.net
Sat Dec 6 12:49:01 PST 2003

Hello,
I already suggested on Election-Method mailing-list that advanced voting
system might require computer usage... and that computer assisted voting might
not be "democratic" and secure.

Now someone in Ireland show a good example of why those method might be even
worst if vote are published... (anonymously).

Feel free to comment... I have put the original author in Cc: and you find
the list address on the forwarded message.

I am not sure about the 500 million way of voting...
But I worked a lot with permutation in a steganography project... and with
sufficient number of candidate and choice to make, it is possible that all
voter have a uniquely identifiable vote. ;-)

And since for fairness, the database of vote must be publish for independant
review... I see no option.

David GLAUDE

PS: I have nothing against STV... only against e-voting.

--- Weitergeleitete Nachricht / Forwarded Message ---