[EM] Appeal for better weblog polling (Electorama)

Rob Lanphier robla at robla.net
Fri Dec 5 01:28:02 PST 2003

Hi all,

I'm all giddy because I've received the first external submission to the
Electorama weblog (http://electorama.com/)

Here's an excerpt:
Crude Polling Hampers Sophisticated Political Discussions
<http://electorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=54&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0>
wegerje writes: "/Internet based political discussion has become quite
fashionable these days. The onset of the U.S. political season combined
with the explosion of weblogs (Blogs) has created vibrant political
websites. [..] A quick survey of the polls by anyone familiar with
voting systems will soon reveal a glaring weakness among them, namely
the acute need for multiple-choice and ranked polls./" Read more for an
appeal to create better software for weblog polls.

http://electorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=54&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

I'm not sure if the author (Jeff Wegerson) is on this list, but his
contact info is in the article, and I would presume he'll monitor a
discussion up on Electorama should one develop.

Rob