[EM] Re: Cheering for simplicity/Orphan

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Fri Aug 29 11:54:24 PDT 2003

The moral of Rob's example below is that PR should not be done by
sequential choice.

That's why PAV is superior to sequential PAV, for another example.

Since STV is a sequential choice method, it is essentially a bailing wire
and string kluge that may be good enough for government work, but should
be avoided in serious applications.

Forest