[EM] Re: Improved Generalised Bucklin

Chris Benham chrisbenham at bigpond.com
Fri Aug 22 10:46:02 PDT 2003

I  have recently spotted another blunder in the presentation of  my
suggested new voting method. I wrote:

"A recent example from James Green-Armytage (Sun. 17-8-03).
46:  A>B>C
44:  B>C>A
05:  C>A>B
05:  C>B>A
According to James, his 44 BCA voters are insincerely  order-reversing
 (trying a Burial strategy) against A, and their sincere preferences are
BAC, which makes  A  the sincere pairwise beats-all Condorcet winner.
IGB (100 voters)
Round 1:   A:46    B:44   C:10
Round 2:   A:51    B:95   C:54
    A is eliminated, all ballots have been counted towards B or C, so  B
 is first finalist."
The first part of the last sentence is wrong. I somehow failed to notice that
all the candidates, not just B and C, have a majority. In that circumstance,
just as in plain Bucklin, the candidate with the highest tally just wins.

In reference to this example:
31:  B>A>E>C>D
23:  C>B>A>E>D
25:  D>A>C>E>B