[EM] Cheering for simplicity/Orphan

Dgamble997 at aol.com Dgamble997 at aol.com
Thu Aug 21 16:09:02 PDT 2003

James G-A wrote in part:

"True, but if we can get some really good and accessible shareware voting
programs out to people, methods that require computers will not be
impossibly hard for people to use."

Some very (in my opinion) user friendly STV counting software is freely
available from the Electoral Reform Society at

http://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/votingsystems/estv.htm

This system can be used to count STV elections using ERS97 rules ( the
current version of Newland-Britton) and also (using the withdrawls function) to
count single member Condorcet and Sequential STV elections.

David Gamble