[EM] Re: serious strategy problem in Condorcet, but not in IRV?

Eric Gorr eric at ericgorr.net
Mon Aug 18 14:45:09 PDT 2003

At 3:35 PM -0400 8/18/03, James Green-Armytage wrote:
>Anyway, this represents a slight improvement for my fairly grim example,
>but I will say that the basic problem is still there, and still fairly
>unsettling.

I still don't understand why it would be so unsettling from the
aspect of an election method.

Considering that all elections methods can be manipulated in some
form or another, what good is it to remind us that society can break
down and make the election method irrelevant by subverting the
process?

--
== Eric Gorr ========= http://www.ericgorr.net ========= ICQ:9293199 ===
benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu