[EM] Condorcet 2 - The Sequel ( the same people say the same things)

Eric Gorr eric at ericgorr.net
Fri Aug 8 07:38:02 PDT 2003

At 9:46 AM -0400 8/8/03, Dgamble997 at aol.com wrote:
>"IRV succeeds, I believe, in striking a balance between the two
>somewhat conflicting aims of ensuring that a candidate has majority
>support ( a candidate does not win with a minority of the vote
>because the opposition is split) and preventing dominance by
>candidates/parties who position themselves in the centre."

But, again, the opposition is split and therefore should not win
because they have a minority of the vote as well.

So, since everyone has a minority, who should win?

The option with the largest minority?

That would seem to be what Plurality does already.

--
== Eric Gorr ========= http://www.ericgorr.net ========= ICQ:9293199 ===
benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu