[EM] strategy problem

James Green-Armytage jarmyta at antioch-college.edu
Mon Aug 18 18:37:17 PDT 2003

	Could it be possible to design a version of Condorcet that is more
strategy-proof than beatpath or ranked pairs? I admit that it doesn't look
easy. I note in passing that the Raynaud system (repeatedly eliminate the
candidate with the greatest defeat) does better in my first example than
sequential dropping / maximin-based systems, although it doesn't help in
all such examples, and it offers some fairly nasty strategic possibilities
in other situations, as well as sometimes producing results that are just
generally counter-intuitive. It may or may not pass Monroe's NIA criteria.
	Other than Raynaud, could there be some kind of system with little extra
boxes for voters to check, or something like that? A multiple-round system
of some sort? It's an interesting problem.

James