[EM] Query re. Borda Elimination, "Baldwin"

John B. Hodges jbhodges at usit.net
Sat Aug 9 18:43:03 PDT 2003

Looking at back issues of the digest of this list, I've read Rob
LeGrand's posts about Borda Elimination, which he calls Baldwin. I
gather that he's talking about a single-winner method that reliably
picks a Condorcet winner when one exists, but turns out not to be
cloneproof.

I'd like to learn more about this method, and its problems. How does
non-cloneproofness manifest? Any illustrative examples handy?