[EM] Alphabetical ballot

Elisabeth Varin/Stephane Rouillon stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Sat Sep 21 12:44:45 PDT 2002

To matt:

C(A)>E(B)=H(B)>F(C)>A(E)|>D?G>I(F)>B(H)

I admit D?G can be placed like this.
We would just need to explain to voters what an
absence of grade means...
I find more logical to put the no grade candidates after the
approval cut-off than before.

The only bug I have is when we keep the grades.
Understand me, yes your version keeps more
information and on this aspect is better.
My problem is of another kind.
Should we use this information?
>From my point of view, voting
C(A) > E(B)=H(B)>F(C)>A(E)...
should have the same impact as voting
C(A) > E(C)=H(C)>F(D)>A(E)...
I know it is not the case with grading methods,
but all it shows is an a priori strategy occasion.
This is why I prefer pairwise-comparison based
methods. But yes the ballot can be translated as well
to contain all the grading information...

Steph.

----