[EM] party co-operation on electoral reform

Narins, Josh josh.narins at lehman.com
Mon Sep 9 15:01:05 PDT 2002

Please read Esprit de Lois, by Charles-Louis deSecondat, Baron de
Montesquieu.

Our nation was founded by people who...
1. Loved Montesquieue's contribution to the science of Politics.
	(esp. Madison, Jefferson, and Adams, when he was younger)
2. Would be, by M's definition, not Democratic Republicans, but Aristocratic
Republicans.

I would not as an aside that the greatest Democratic Republic in history was
Athens, where
1. Only ~10% of the Athenians were actual participants in the Democracy.
2. They had no "elections" per se, except later for Ostracism.

I am an Arisotcratic Republican.

I believe that advancing the science of elections, advances all multi-party
deliberative processes, and the most important of those generally happens to
be ones for political office.

<grin />

-Josh