[EM] Why to mix methods...

Elisabeth Varin/Stephane Rouillon stephane.rouillon at sympatico.ca
Tue Sep 24 07:32:33 PDT 2002

Craig, one of the method on the ESD list could select
A and E.

It mixes approval distinction from approval voting, sequential
elimination from IRV and a Condorcet
method (ranked pairs with relative margins).

It is "K) ranked pairs using sequential elimination, residual approval
weights and relative margins" or a title alike.
In this case you would need an approval limit (all ballots are
fully ranked), standard elimination process until
only two candidates remain is not enough.

By the way, anybody interested to vote for selecting the best
single-winner and multiple-winners methods can join at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Electoral_systems_designers/

I hope it helps,

Steph.