[EM] Ideas and sacrifices

Joe Weinstein jweins123 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 23 14:55:23 PDT 2002

As Alex well notes, some ideas lead to fruitless controversies, whereas some
other ideas are just plain bad.

Sometimes, ideas - inherently good or bad - are stated in ways which are
needlessly too hidden or unclear or unexplained to warrant a reader like me
spending much of an all-too-short life trying to decipher.  Thus, Glickman
buried key connections and details somewhere way within his website; some
postings by others are just too telegraphic or laden with unexplained
acronyms.

Yet other posted ideas and claims are simply irrelevant to election methods
- for instance, the red-herring claim that Demorep has been 'sacrificed'.
(By the way, no evidence is offered, so I continue to assume that Demorep is
quite able to speak up when he cares to.)  But maybe a red herring will
qualify as a acceptable animal sacrifice.

Joe Weinstein
Long Beach CA USA