[EM] Truncation helping truncation

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 21 23:58:21 PDT 2002

Adam wrote:

It seems that the benefit of truncation here
depends on extensive truncation already present in the ballots. Can anyone
make a little more sense out of it? Mike, I remember you stating something
about this a while back but I'm not sure.

I reply:

Yes, I was saying that if there's lots of indifference about the
CW, then truncation can steal the election from him. SFC & GSFC
tell conditions in which that needn't happen, though they don't
specifically mention truncation.

Mike Ossipoff