[EM] Clarification

Alex Small asmall at physics.ucsb.edu
Fri Sep 6 10:26:06 PDT 2002

My message to LP news said "Whether you think the Greens are merely
misguided or the embodiment of evil...."

Without the context of the last few issues of LP News, this probably seems
like a very harsh and unfair statement.  However, over the last few months
there have been letters and columns in LP News debating whether the
Libertarians should work with the Greens.  The exchange has usually been
"They have some good ideas, even if they're wrong on a lot of stuff" vs.
"Those people are absolute communists!  They are more dangerous than even
the Democrats!"

When wading into such a harsh exchange, I usually toss a bone to the
extremists just to calm them down, before proceeding to a more reasoned
opinion.  Hence my rather negative description of Greens before the
suggestion that cooperation on election matters is in everybody's best
interests.  Sorry if I raised too many hackles.

Alex Small

----