[EM] Condorcet Flavored PR Methods

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Thu Nov 7 16:14:56 PST 2002

Is there a sequential version?  Yes, as a matter of fact I discovered the
sequential version first and then worked backwards to see what the form of
the simultaneous version would have to be.

To derive the sequential version from the simultaneous, just start with
the winner w1 of Ranked Pairs, say, and compare all two candidate subsets
of the form  {w1,x}.

Say the winning pair is  {w1,w2}, then compare all three candidate subsets
of the form  {w1,w2,x},  etc.

The sequential version is computationally feasible for large races.

A hybrid would be to do three simultaneous for starters, and then continue
in the sequential fashion for the rest.

I'll answer your other (longer) question later.

Forest

----