[EM] Can we help this brother out? (fwd)

douggreene at earthlink.net douggreene at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 21 06:58:20 PST 2002

I can point him to resources on range voting, but I don't know where the wv v.
margins debate is encapsulated.

Doug

Message: 2
   Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 18:05:11 -0500
   From: Dave Ketchum <davek at clarityconnect.com>
Subject: Re: Re: IRV vs Condorcet Voting Methods

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 05:58:19 -0800 Douglas Greene wrote:

 > Great analysis, Dave.  How do you feel about the use of winning votes vs.
 > margins?  And I think range voting is the best system of all.
 >
 > Doug Greene

For this I had to go back to http://electionmethods.org/ to refresh my
memory (basic topic is how to resolve cycles in Condorcet - cases where no
single candidate wins against every other candidate based on raw counts).

 From there to tutorials:  http://electionmethods.org/CondorcetEx.htm

Via links to: this & that???

OUCH - all I got is my memory, which says margins are called bad, and I do
not remember reading what range is.

Can you help?
--
   davek at clarityconnect.com    http://www.clarityconnect.com/webpages3/davek
    Dave Ketchum    108 Halstead Ave, Owego, NY  13827-1708    607-687-5026