[EM] IRV unconstitutional?

Anthony Simmons bbadonov at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 9 16:43:37 PST 2002

>> From: "MIKE OSSIPOFF" <nkklrp at hotmail.com>
>> Subject: [EM] IRV unconstitutional?

One might propose along the same lines that if we both vote,
and your favorite wins but my favorite loses, then I have not
been afforded equal protection under the law, suggesting that
the constitution requires that everyone's favorite candidate
has to win.

Reminds me of something I heard years ago, about a man who
was ticketed for speeding, and argued in court that the
police only accused him of speeding because they had chosen
to measure his speed from a totally arbitrary frame of
reference (the earth) -- one not specified in the law.