[EM] Re: Observations of a Poll Worker

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Fri Mar 8 10:31:02 PST 2002

On Fri, 08 Mar 2002 15:32:35 +0100 Jurij Toplak wrote:

> Seven years ago I studied in US and I obtained driving license there. Of
> course, I am not a US citizen. Last week I received a voter registration
> form. If I fill it out and return it, does that mean that I can vote?

Are you into lying about whether you are a citizen?

      If you already are, one more should matter little.
      If not, this would be a POOR time to start.  Just applying to
register should count; NY's registration form has a box for applicants to
check, SAYING they are citizens.

We WANT registration forms to be AVAILABLE to all who qualify - in ALL NY

post offices, for example, so fact you have possession of a form does

nothing as to whether you have a right to use it.

--
  davek at clarityconnect.com    http://www.clarityconnect.com/webpages3/davek
   Dave Ketchum    108 Halstead Ave, Owego, NY  13827-1708    607-687-5026