[EM] Anthony's spelling issue

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 28 21:44:05 PST 2002

I wasn't going to say any more about this, because it isn't the
topic for which I joined this mailing list, but since Anthony
continues about it, I should comment.

Anthony, if Lennon or McKartney (sp?) actually wrote that, spelled
in that way, then are you aware that they mis-spelled it intentionally?
That, you see, is the difference. Your mis-spellings weren't inentional.
That, along with the context in which they occurred, is what made
them so hilarious.

As I said, I don't criticize mis-spellings in general, and no doubt
I sometimes mis-spell words, but it was the context in which your
mis-spellings occurred that made them so entertaining.

You volunteered to write a summary of Approval arguments. You're
going to use a dictionary, right? We don't want it to look like something
written by Dan Quayle.

Someone said that your mother is an English professor. Well, they
say that the cobbler's children often are unshod.