[EM] Re: Margins vs Winning Votes

Adam Tarr atarr at purdue.edu
Fri Mar 1 05:13:42 PST 2002

>26 AB
>25 BA
>49 CX

Not sure what this example attempts to drive at, but I'll take a stab at it
and you can perhaps fill us in...

There are 51 voters in the "A,B" camp, so one of them should win,
regardless of the composition of X (C is a Condorcet loser).  If X is
truncation, an even split, or slanted toward A, then A wins.  If X is
slanted toward B by at least one vote, then B wins.

Since no actual cycles come up in this example, I don't see how it
differentiates between margin methods and winning votes methods.

-Adam