Condorcet Criterion definitions (was Markus' Econometrica reference...)

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Thu Jan 31 07:37:08 PST 2002

Mr. Cretney wrote in part-

Theory doesn't necessarily mean debatable.  My point was that we've
expanded the issue under discussion.  The old theory only considered
preference orders and methods based on them.  We need a new theory to
talk about what's going on in people's heads, and how that is reflected
in sincere ballot
----
D- Yet another different posting.  I must be living in the New Age of
Politics (NAP).

What next-- lie detectors for each voter to detect those naughty/ evil
insincere votes ???

Even first choice votes (plus any later choice votes, of course) may be
*insincere* if 1 or more of the choices is rotten in the mind of the voter.