Counting Large Numbers of Votes

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Sun Feb 17 17:58:30 PST 2002

asmall wrote in part-

What do people think of some sort of rounding scheme to prevent a national

recount in the event of a popular presidential election?

(And yes, Demorep, I agree that the EC is evil, I'm just pondering the best

replacement for it.)
----
D- At least 2 of us on this list observe that the EC is evil --- and
ultra-dangerous ---- as if the mass murder (1861-1865 Civil War) after the
1860 EC indirect minority rule election of Mr. Lincoln was not enough to get
rid of the rotten- to- the- core EC system.

One of these years a popular vote winner for President but EC loser may use
his/her mouth and create some very major chaos.

The various States and major cities and a zillion smaller areas seem to
survive with simple one person- one vote systems (and recount systems) for
State Governor, city mayors, etc.

What has been the largest one person- one vote recount election in world
history that got resolved peacefully using ordinary ways and means
(including, if necessary, the courts) ???