[EM] PR/STV Hybrid for multi-winner?

Forest Simmons fsimmons at pcc.edu
Wed Feb 6 10:44:37 PST 2002

I need to clarify one clause of my description of Craig's open list
proposal below:

The phrase "based on the total approval of candidates on the list" is a
bit misleading, because in deciding the D'Hondt quota for each list, each
voter's vote is divided by the sum of the total approvals that he/she has
doled out, making that aspect equivalent to cumulative voting.

Otherwise Bart's observation on the one candidate per list extreme would
have been mistaken, and that is unlikely :-)

Forest