[EM] Consensus?: IRV vs. Primary w/Runoff

Steve Barney barnes992001 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 20:05:16 PST 2002

Forest:

Just a minor correction. I think you must of meant to say "there is a definite
strategic difference when the number of candidates exceeds [three]," not
"four."

Steve Barney

> Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 07:48:26 -0800 (PST)
> From: Forest Simmons <fsimmons at pcc.edu>
> To: election-methods-list at eskimo.com
> Subject: Re: [EM] Consensus?: IRV vs. Primary w/Runoff

[...]
> In other words, the simulation versus the real thing was the more
> interesting comparison to me. In the case of TTR, there is no appreciable
> difference (besides the potential second trip to the polls in the real
> version) between the simulation and the real thing, but in the case of IRV
> there is a definite strategic difference when the number of candidates
> exceeds four.

=====
"Democracy"?:
	http://www1.umn.edu/irp/images/postcardAd2.jpg
AR-NewsWI, a news service for Wisconsin animal advocates: