[EM] 02/04/02 - Welcome to the Hare camp:

Donald Davison donald at mich.com
Mon Feb 4 00:50:01 PST 2002

From: "Tom Ruen" <tomruen at itascacg.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 05:49:03 -0600
Subject: [stv-voting] Hare versus Droop - gambled-strategic-betrayal versus
unequally-rewarded-honesty

Dear friends of STV,

I decided to put some bones on my limited theory between Hare and Droop
quotas and see what quotas have to offer from the data on the 2001
Cumulative-Vote Board-of-Directors election at my company.

Note - this analysis has pulled me back on the neglected Hare quota
bandwagon.

QUICK THEORY OF WORST CASES:

Assume fully ranked (nontruncated) ballots, and a 5 seat election.

1. Droop Quota (1/6) - worst case with 6 candidates