[EM] typo in Mike's example

Adam Tarr atarr at purdue.edu
Tue Dec 24 08:39:22 PST 2002

MIKE OSSIPOFF wrote:

>60: ABCDE
>70: BACDE
>100: B
>83: DECBA
>75: EDCBA
>
>A & E get eliminated, and their transfers leave C with the fewest votes.
>C gets eliminated though C is CW and though C is the voted favorite
>of more people than is any other candidate.

The middle faction should be C's supporters, like so:

60: ABCDE
70: BACDE
100: C
83: DECBA
75: EDCBA

All the conclusions are as Mike said.  This is very similar to the example
I've been pestering Donald with - the only difference is that I add more
factions so that the second place preferences of the B, C,  and D
supporters can split both ways.

-Adam

----