[EM] Kemeny's Rules = Condorcet's Method

barnes99 barnes99 at vaxa.cis.uwosh.edu
Wed Dec 18 13:39:03 PST 2002

Does anyone know who uses Kemeny's Rule, and if there is any freeware avaible
which will handle that method? I think I can figure out a 3 candidate KR
outcome with a matrix, but not any more than that.

BTW, according a very good book I am now reading:

"Condorcet's maximal agreement method is identical with Kemeny's method,
albeit the terminology differs slightly."
--_Voting Paradoxes and How to Deal with Them_, by Hannu Nurmi, pg 18.

SB

Steve Barney

Richard M. Hare, 1919 - 2002, In Memoriam: <http://www.petersingerlinks.com/hare.htm>.

Did you know there is an web site where, if you click on a button, the advertisers there will donate 2 1/2 cups of food to feed hungry people in places where there is a lot of starvation? See:
<http://www.thehungersite.com>.

----