[EM] Sports and 'The Condorcet Mindset'

barnes99 barnes99 at vaxa.cis.uwosh.edu
Mon Dec 2 14:30:31 PST 2002

Alex Small seems to beg the question, how much more manipulatable is the Borda
Count
than, say, the IRV? It seems to me that we should quantify the DEGREE to which
it suffers this problem.

SB

--- In election-methods-list at y..., "Alex Small" <asmall at p...> wrote:
[...]
> However, because Borda gives huge incentives to vote insincerely in almost
> every race, Borda is unable to achieve its stated advantages.  Granted,
> all methods are prone to strategic voting, but some are more prone than
> others.

Steve Barney

Richard M. Hare, 1919 - 2002, In Memoriam: <http://www.petersingerlinks.com/hare.htm>.

Did you know there is an web site where, if you click on a button, the advertisers there will donate 2 1/2 cups of food to feed hungry people in places where there is a lot of starvation? See:
<http://www.thehungersite.com>.

----