[EM] Approval is flawed (write D. Davison)

Dave Ketchum davek at clarityconnect.com
Fri Aug 9 18:12:12 PDT 2002

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002 14:45:15 -0400 Narins, Josh wrote:

>  >4) It will not allow us to have a most preferred choice:
>  >
> ... [I]n Approval Voting, all choices are counted as first choices.
>
> Isn't that a lie? Of course it allows a "most" preferred choice. When you
> choose just one person.

Seems to me you lay it on too thick - at worst it qualifies as an
unfortunate choice of words.  When I retreat to plurality capability and
only approve one, I cannot have "a most approved choice" for I have no
other approved choices to, by comparison, be less approved.

> hmmph.
>
> I'm still up for Condorcet though. :)

This we can agree on!
--
  davek at clarityconnect.com    http://www.clarityconnect.com/webpages3/davek
   Dave Ketchum    108 Halstead Ave, Owego, NY  13827-1708    607-687-5026

----