BC & PR

DEMOREP1 at aol.com DEMOREP1 at aol.com
Mon Apr 15 19:35:23 PDT 2002

Mr. Salmi wrote in part-

I skimmed through the constitution and didn't find much on elections so

you're right about that.

The Weimar Constitution in German:

http://www.psm-data.de/weimar/weimar_vv.htm
----
D-  The W.C. likely got some mention in the Nuremberg War Crimes Trials after
World War II.

The western Allies obviously looked at the W.C. in 1945-1949 leading to the
formation of the old West Germany regime (i.e.--- by removing the more fatal
provisions in the W.C. used by Hitler to get power and become a
tyrant-killer).

Thus - there should be some English texts of the W.C. floating around
someplace.

We learn (hopefully) from the political disasters of the past -- the past
circa 5,000 plus years of mostly lunatic monarchs and oligarchs with *real*
democratic regimes -- few and far between.

----