[EM] Calling Craig Layton & Tom Round

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 8 21:59:06 PDT 2002

Craig Layton & Tom Round: Are you still on EM? We need for you
to verify something that you said. Apparently someone doesn't believe
that 2 Australians have said that it's common for voters not of the
big-2 parties to bury their favorite by voting for one of the big
2 in 1st choice position on their ranking.

Steve Chessin is an IRV promoter in the U.S. The U.S. IRV promoters
have been repeatedly bragging about IRV's track record in Australia.
When I told Chessin about the favorite-burying strategy in Australia's
IRV elections, Chessin said he wanted to hear it from the people
I heard it from.

So would you please reply to this with an EM posting, which I'll
forward to Chessin by e-mail? Replying via EM seems preferable, but
if for any reason you wanted to just e-mail direct to Chessing, and
not to EM, here's his e-mail address:

chessin at political.eng.sun.com

Of course you could send a copy directly to him, and another copy
to EM, or at least to me. Of course I'd like a copy, but the important
thing is to write to Chessin.

Now, if you have enough extra time, it would be good to _additionally_
send Chessin a postal letter. Mainly because it's undeniable that
it came from Australia. He'll have something in his hand that's
obviously sent from Australia, with Australian stamps on it, etc.

But in any case, e-mail is quick, easy, & reliable, and so please
reply by e-mail, and then by postal mail if you have time to.

Here's a postal address for Chessin:

Californians for Proportional Representation
PO Box 128
Sacramento, CA 95812

thank you,
Mike Ossipoff