[EM] Truncation criticized by IRVists

MIKE OSSIPOFF nkklrp at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 7 23:20:33 PDT 2002

IRV advocates often argue against Condorcet by saying that truncation
would create problems. We answer them by pointing out that that
isn't so with our (wv) Condorcet versions.

But an advocate of Condorcet(margins) wouldn't be able to
deny those allegations that truncation causes big problems.

Though we haven't taken these methods to the public yet, it's already
evident that one would have a much more difficult time defending
margins against the Condorcet criticism that we already hear from IRVists.

Mike Ossipoff